Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Windex and hydrogen molecules are expensive

Satan is my helper. She loves to help me clean, prepare food, fold laundry and take care of Fang. This can be a good thing. It can also be a huge PITA. She likes to Windex things like the window on the oven and the full length mirror in the bathroom. Yes, I like a clean clear screen when I'm watching some reality TV, but she has been under strict orders to keep the Windex away from the TV. She has complied until recently.

In an effort to please me with a streak free viewing screen, Satan broke the TV. It was death by orange scented Windex. There was dripping out of the control panel. I had to breath, and count. Then breath and count some more, a lot more. I had to repeat over and over, "she was just trying to help. She was just trying to help." I'm pretty sure that steam was coming out of my ears.

After blowing it dry with the blow dryer. I can now turn the TV on and off. I can not change the channel or the volume. I also can not use the remote control. How will I break the news to DH that his girlfriend is damaged? He will be devastated if she is not working when he gets home. GRRR! Luckily we have the cable box, and the TV is stuck on channel 3. Otherwise we would be watching, not a damn thing. I want the TV to work. I do not want to take the TV to the shop and pay to have it fixed because it is new. As is we just bought the damn thing this past Christmas.

But the fun and excitement doesn't end there. That's because last night right as I was about to start dinner, Tater informed me that he needed to make a molecule. A hydrogen molecule to be exact. Sounds like a fun project, right? I thought so too. Until he told me that they had a week to complete it, but he forgot to tell me last week. Thats right, his project was due today. He had a week to tell me, yet he chose to wait until the very last minute.

Since I'm crafting challenged, I don't normally keep a stock of crafting supplies. I did not have any molecule making materials on hand. I had to scrap the dinner plans to make a mad dash to Walmart for pipe cleaners, in the middle of a thunder storm and pouring rain. Did I mention that it was pouring rain? Tater is very lucky that I care about his grades, and that I don't melt. I was very tempted to make him take a zero.

I didn't feel quite so bad, when i noticed that there were at least 5 other parents in the craft section of Walmart looking for molecule making materials.

This should have been a quick and inexpensive trip in and out of Walmart. How did I ended up spending $75?

By the time we left Walmart it was going on 7 there was home work to do and hydrogen molecules to make. There was no way I wouldn't have time to help with homework, make dinner and get the kids in bed on time. Taco Bell drive thru was my time saving plan, that cost me another $10.

A simple school project that should have cost less than $5 put me $85 in the hole. How did I let that happen?

No comments: