Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween

DH and I took the little heathens trick or treating last night. DH was into Halloween for the first time. Ever. He normally doesn't get into dressing up or haunted houses or any of that fun stuff.
I assume it's because he grew up in BFE and never got the chance to go trick or treating as a kid. But in his zest to please the little heathens he dressed up like a cowboy. This excited Satan. She had to repeat about a million times, "my daddy is a cowboy".

I'm boring, and didn't dress up. I did wear an orange t-shirt with Happy Halloween and a black cat on it. That has to count for something.

Satan was a ghetto princess. She wore the dress that I made for her last year. Last year she looked so cute. This year the dress was looking ragged, and wouldn't stay up on her shoulder. It's all my fault, because I ignorantly let her play dress up in it about a week ago. She basically destroyed it, but of course I didn't realize this until yesterday. It could have been repaired, but I ran out of time.

Fang was a frog. He looked so cute. Every other day of the year with out prompting he will say frog. Then immediately begin to hop around and say ribbet. When I put the frog costume on him the only thing he would say was candy and thank you. I tried every thing. I bribed him with candy. At one point I even jumped around and said ribbet myself. He is stubborn.

Tater was a ninja. I have no picture of him in his costume. He went to a Halloween/slumber party, and I missed out on my picture taking opportunity.

No comments: