Friday, October 22, 2004

A good day.

I talked to DH today. He is already packed, and should be leaving tomorrow. WOO HOO!

I took advantage of the early voting, so as to not waste my precious time while DH is visiting. The court house was surprisingly empty. We were in and out in under 10 minutes. Then we were off to the hair cut store (that's what Satan calls the salon). Due in part to Satan once again trying to cut her hair. It had nothing to do with her very crooked bangs that I trimmed. ;)

Back at home, Satan wanted to play hair cut store. Being the good mom that I am, I said she could style my hair. I sat in the floor and tried to not scream when she buried the brush into my brain. Or when she tried to scalp me with the wide tooth comb. She styled my hair into a lovely cousin it do.

She smiled very sweetly and said, "You look like a monster."

I must have had an odd look on my face because she quickly added, "a cute monster, not a scary one." heh

Fang was driving me crazy with Blue's Clues. He carries around a small notebook and a blue ink pen. It has to write blue. He wants me to draw paw prints all freakin' day. I tried to be creative and change it up a bit. Since he likes Blue's Clues, and he likes dogs. The next logical thing was to draw a puppy. He would love that, right? Wrong. In his, I've already hit the terrible twos shriek, he screamed, "No, boos coos!"

Satan has such a good memory. We talked about DH coming home in a few days, and how we would have to pick him up at the airport. She remembering that we had tickets (boarding passes) when we took out trip this past summer. She has already figured out that DH will need tickets in order to fly, but she is apparently worried that he doesn't have one. So she does what all well meaning almost 4 year old daddy's girls would do. She made him plane tickets. She is just too cute sometimes. She cut several sheets of paper into thin strips. She then insisted that she needed the stapler. I ignored her and gave her a glue stick instead, but I'm mean like that.

She glued the strips of paper together. She then spent a great deal of time drawing and coloring on the tickets. We had to put them in the diaper bag, because we will "need" them at the airport. heh

Tater is anxious, nervous and fidgety. He will not sit still. I made him pick up the toys and things in the back yard, in hopes that he would settle down. He was so distracted that he just wandered around and didn't pick up anything. I jumped on his case about it. Now I feel guilty.

No comments: