Thursday, October 14, 2004

i am mommy, but you can call me bubba

Fang finally called me mommy. It sounds more like "mah E", but I don't care. I'm thrilled that he finally said it. It was driving me insane that he would say Sponge Bob Square Pants, but not mommy.

Today, was my dental cleaning and exam. Which went quite well, I have no cavities. :) Barbie agreed to watch Satan and Fang. Satan was thrilled. We have no pets at our house. Barbie has a kitty.

However, Fang being the Mama's boy that he is, does not like it when I leave him. So I conceived a plan, some days I think I'm a genius. I would buy Satan and Fang breakfast, they love those sponge like pancakes from McDonalds. I would take them to Barbie's house, get them all set up at the table eating their yummy breakfast. Then I would quickly dash out the door. Fang would happily eat his breakfast not realizing I was gone.

My plans never go as I intend.

I settle the kids down to their breakfast. I gathered up my wallet and keys. I thought I was being stealthy. As I opened up the front door to exit. Fang jumped out of the chair and came running toward the door. He screamed, "Mah E". My heart melted. I wanted to scoop him up, and kiss him. Unfortunately I was running late, and knew the melt down would be much worse if I went back. So I quickly and sadly dashed toward the van, and raced to the dentist.

When I retured, Fang was sleeping soundly. He tuckered himself out throwing his tantrum. It was so incredibly sweet when he woke up and saw me sitting there. He practically tripped over himself running to me. He gave me a big squeeze and said, "Bubba, I ya you." heh

No comments: