Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Where is my stress free life?

I finally talked to DH. Due to the helicopter crash the phones and computers had been shut down. It's been several days since I've gotten any word from him. I'm OK if it's only a few days, but if it's been to long, I start to worry. Which makes me stressed. When I'm stressed, I snap at the kids. Which makes them grouchy. It's a vicious cycle.

DH sounded a bit stressed as well. The men that died were from his previous unit. I don't know if he knew them or not. I didn't ask, because I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss. Not really, but I can pretend.

If all goes well, DH should be home next week. I should be relaxed, happy and stress free. I'm not. I'm not even close to being stress free. I'm stressed more than normal. I'm worried that he won't get to take leave. Then I will have to explain to Tater and Satan why DH isn't coming home. News like that will break their hearts, and I don't think I have it in me to comfort them. I'm also worried about the way he will act when he gets home. Things are going to be weird. He's been gone 8 months, and we are use to him not being here. I also know that the person I know and love is not the same person that is coming home to me. I don't know how I'm going to react to that.

I have way too much on my mind.

No comments: