Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Life in the country

Let me start off by saying, I hate dial up. My parents don't yet know the joy of high speed internet. I think I am slowly wearing them down. Perhaps by the next time I come to visit, they will have road runner installed.

Over the weekend, I made a crazy judgment call. I took the kidlets to KY to visit the in-laws. I only did it to keep DH happy. Don't worry, he is well aware that he owes me big time.

It was better than expected. Marie was on her best behavior, and didn't piss me off once. She was even kind enough to take Tater to the mall. Where she purchased him several new outfits for school. Clothes that she let Tater pick out. Tater is most happy because he now has what he considers cool clothes. And I am very happy that I don't have to buy quite so much for school.

The kidlets had a great time. Satan went to the barn every day to feed the calf. She also fed the cats and chickens. She wanted to feed the pigs, but the in-laws don't own pigs. She is a little farm girl in the making. Fang learned a few new words, quack and duck. He now things that all feathered friends are ducks. He will point to pigeons, chickens, blue jays, geese, etc. and say, "duck, quack quack, quack."

The kids got to go to the lake to take a ride on Uncle Patrick's boat. Which they loved. We also went to the pool to swim. I am the only one that ended up with a sun burn. Why is it that after putting sun block on 3 kids, I manage to forget to put it on myself?

We took all 6 kids to Sears for a group picture. The photographer was amazing with children. She managed to get all 6 kids looking in the same direction, they were smiling and they had their eyes open. I am anxiously waiting for these pictures.

No comments: