Sunday, August 01, 2004

Busy, busy week

Monday - I turned 31, and Blondie and I drove to Cincinnati. So I could meet Katie and Nymph. I had so much fun. Katie is too kind. She invited us all to her house. I feel bad for leaving her house the way we did. The toy room was a mess, and there were cracker crumbs every where. Katie, I apologize for not helping clean up the mess before we left.

The kidlets are even more adorable in real life. Zayden was all smiles, and cute as can be. Joshia is an excellent big brother, very protective. The twins are talkers. They gave me a rundown on how many people they know that share names. 4 Kyles, 4 Emilys etc. Kelly cracked me up the most. She had to taste every piece of cheese. Kyle and Zack look so much alike, almost like twins. The kidlets were all very well behaved, and played very well together. I have pics, but I must wait until I am home to post them.

Katie is almost exactly how I pictured her. Nymph wasn't as talkative as I expected, but she is funny as hell. She used 'jumped the shark' in conversation. That struck me as very funny. It's the little things.

Both were very nice, and I would love to see them again. Maybe next summer.

Tuesday - My crazy aunt Sylvia and cousin Beth stopped by to see me. Beth, whom I haven't seen in about 5 years, told me at least four times in 20 minutes that she loves me. I think she really misses me.

DH called to wish me a Happy Belated birthday. And to inform me that he may get to take leave in September. That was great news.

Wednesday - Blondie, myself and the kidlets went to visit my grandma. She is the sweetest person ever, but she will never ever come right out and say what she wants. She hints. This is annoying.

She hinted for the longest time that she wanted one of the new bread stick crust Pizza Hut pizzas. This was after she made pizza rolls for the kidlets. We ordered the new bread stick crusty pizza, I don't recommend it. Needless to say, the kidlets did not eat because they were full from the pizza rolls.

Thursday - The mother of an old friend came to visit. She is a weirdo. She brought her grand daughter and her dying cat with her. Her cat died while she was here. We stared in disbelief as we listened to her mull over what to do with the carcass.

Later, CJ took me, Satan and Fang to the House of Japan. Tater refused to go. He is so starved for male attention, I will have to physically remove him from my dads butt before we leave. That will be fun. Dinner was delicious. Satan enjoyed the show, and now wants to eat every meal with chop sticks. She also thinks that Grandma should set something on fire so we can clap.

Friday-We watched TV and DVDs. My mom has shocked the hell out of me with her taste in entertainment. Her favorite shows are Simple Life, Pimp My Ride and Big Brother.

Saturday-We took the kidlets to Chuck E. Cheese's. Satan was singing a made up song about Chucke being a good friend, a really good friend. All the way to Chuck E. Cheese's. Once we got there and were sitting down to eat, Chuck E. comes out to meet the children. Satan screamed at the top of her lungs, "go away Chuck E., I don't like you!" heh

After that fun filled afternoon. We went shopping. I love shopping in a larger city. Clearance bargains are every where. I bought 3 sets of Carter's pajamas for Fang for $2.49 a pair at Sears. I can't find prices like that in small town USA. I have spent very little money, yet Tater is all set for school. He now has a large suitcase full of new clothes.

I only have two days left. It's bitter sweet. I'm ready to go home because my family is driving me insane, yet I long to stay.

No comments: