Monday, August 16, 2004

First day of school

First day in a long time that I've been up before the sun. I hopped in the shower. Quickly showered because I had plans. I wake up Tater. Before I could leave his room to go wake up Satan and Fang. Satan blurts out, "You don't have to drive me to school today. I want to ride the bus with my friends."

Shock. Horror. He is only going to 5th grade, and he still sleeps with a night light. He's far too young to stop needing me, isn't he? I didn't get a hug or an I love you this morning. How sad is that? He is growing up and gaining independence far too quickly.

At 7 AM, Austin, Chris and Jordan knocked on the door. Tater grabbed his back pack and yelled, "bye mom. See you after school."

Much to his displeasure, I followed him outside. Sadly, I watched them walk to the bus stop.

Before I know it, he will be going to high school. :(

No comments: