Thursday, August 12, 2004

I'm back part 2

Have I mentioned that the Dallas airport is huge? It seems even larger when you are loaded down with a stroller, a car seat, a diaper bag, and 3 sick children. Since the kidlets claimed they were starving to death, we walked instead of taking the train. We stopped at McDonald's where I purchased over priced food that no one would eat.

I hoped that the two hour layover would be enough time for the kids to run off some energy so they would sit still and behave on the plane. It made them tired, but not in a good way. Instead of falling peacefully to sleep once the plane took off. They whined and cried.

Satan had herself so worked up that she was gagging. She was making throw up noises, but not actually throwing up. Which isn't enough to make me sick, but the poor guy behind us did not look well. This very short 46 minute flight felt like it lasted an eternity.

We arrived in Killeen, however to the new international airport. Which is the not the airport that we flew out of. Tatter immediately panics and thinks that we are in the wrong city. Instead of talking Tater through his mild panic attack, I snapped at him. I feel so bad, now.

Satan demanded that I carry her. Now. At first I tried to explain calmly that I couldn't because my hands were full. This was not the answer that she was looking for. So she sat down in the floor and yelled, "Mommy, carry me. My legs are broken." I said in a very mean voice, "you have two good legs. Use them."

Barbie was waiting for us at baggage claim. I am very thankful that she was there. I would have had a melt down if it wasn't for her help.

The next day, I had to take a very sick Satan to the doctor. My poor baby had a sinus infection and both ears were infected. She looked so pitiful, especially with the snot oozing out her eyes and noes. Thankfully, she is feeling much better now.

No comments: