Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I'm back

The trip home was hellacious. All three of the kidlets decided to get sick right before we were to leave. Just minor cold like symptoms nothing that a little cold medicine wouldn't help, or so I ignorantly thought.

Late Monday evening, Satan started running a low grade fever. She was refusing Motrin, and I didn't want to fight with her. So I didn't push the issue. We went to bed, staying up later than we should have because I was trying to round up all our belongings. At some point during the middle of the night, Satan awoke with a high fever and a bit delusional. She went and woke up Grandma, by slapping Grandma on the face. So very thoughtful of her. Satan was worried about her baby. Grandma searched high and low for the misplaced doll. Luckily the doll was found, and Motrin was administered.

Later that morning, Satan awoke again. This time she woke me up so we could go home. She had brushed her hair, and put her shoes on the wrong feet. Had her back pack on, and a baby in her arms. By this point she was in a hurry to get back to TX. While I showered, she sat on the toilet repeatedly telling me to hurry so we don't miss our plane.

Finally we get to the airport, and Satan practically runs through the airport. At this point she cannot wait to go home. Sadly she was under the impression that DH would be here when we got back. The first flight wasn't too bad. All three kids slept. I wanted to take a nap, but a motor mouth (MM) was sitting just in front of me on the other side of the aisle. MM told everyone with in ear shot that her husband was 6'4". He had blue eyes. He likes to golf. Her youngest looks just like him, that's what we were told anyway. She told how much money he makes, how long it had been since they last had sex. It's official I am a chit chat freak magnet.

To be continued.......

No comments: