Monday, July 19, 2004

Thank you stranger

We made it to Ohio all in one piece.

The traveling wasn't too bad, but damn the Dallas airport is huge. Stranger was sitting in front of me on the plane from Killeen to Dallas. He asked if he could help carry something. I told him it wasn't necessary, he either didn't hear me or didn't care. Because he snatched up Fang's car seat, and carried it down the steps and into the airport. At this point he hands me the car seat, and I thank him.

I'm struggling to carry a large diaper bag, Fang and the car seat. We get to the bus when Tater says, "Mom, didn't we have a stroller?" Doh! I have to turn around and head back to the gate to locate my stroller. When out of nowhere, stranger appears with my stroller. I strap Fang into the stroller and head back towards the bus that will take me to the other terminal. Sounds easy and fun, doesn't it?

Stranger was on the bus. We make small talk. He informs me that he is active duty Army on his way to Los Angeles to visit. I tell him that DH is active duty Army in Iraq, and we are on our way to OH for a visit.

I think he felt sorry for me because once our bus arrived at the terminal, he snatched up the car seat once again. I tell him we need to go to gate A-19, and that it isn't necessary for him to carry my things. He insist. So off we walked to gate A-19. Me, three loud kids and stranger. Isn't it great to know that there are kind strangers willing to lend a hand? It gives me renewed hope for the future.

No comments: