Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I can't hear you.

Satan really enjoyed flying. She was fascinated with everything. She looked at everything and everyone with amazement. The only thing that bothered her was her ears. They were stopped up, and she didn't know what to do. To inform me of her problem, she held her ears and yelled, "mommy, I can't hear you!"

Goldfish crackers and a Dora book should be part of every survival bag. Every time Fang became restless, I pulled out the Goldfish crackers. Then we read Dora. Actually we pointed at Dora and sang the back pack song, or the Do Do Do Dora song. I am certain that I annoyed the hell out of the passengers around me. My singing is pitiful, and my choice of music wasn't much better. But at least Fang wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs. That would have been much worse.

Tater was super lucky. He got to sit next to two other children that were close to his age. They chatted the entire time about cartoons and things. The very chatty flight attendant thought that I was mother to all 5 children. Heh! I quickly informed her that I was not quite that crazy. The other two children were well behaved, but come on. A person would have to be out of their fucking mind to travel alone with 5 children. Who am I trying to kid? I'm out of my fucking mind for traveling alone with 3 children.

So really, how am I to judge what equals crazy?

No comments: