Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Burks and sharing ducks.

The kidlets were not so good to me today. I was trying to be super mom. I wanted to expand their minds, and let them interact with other kids. No, not any old place would do, I took Satan and Fang to the public library. I knew that story hour is Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 AM. Being me, I was running late as always. Which meant that I had to bust my ass to get them ready and out the door, if we can get to the library in time for story hour. I get Satan all pumped up about seeing kids. Satan is a social butterfly being held back by living in a neighborhood where she is the only kidlet her age. Thoughts of playing with other children get her super excited. The entire drive to the library I hear "I play with the kids. Mommy, I play with the kids." Not sure if she was asking me or telling me.

We make a mad rush to the library. Upon entering I see a big yellow poster that says Come join us for story hour. Monday and Wednesday at 10:30. I was wrong. I have disappointed Satan, and I feel like a dumbass. I tell Satan that we missed story hour. She is not happy. She procedes to give me the evil eye. Until she decides we need princess burks. Lot's of princess burks. That's right, burks not books. Where did she pick up this accent? I don't know. After much searching for the perfect princess burks. Satan is beyond picky, and not any princess burks will do. Satan says, "Um, I have a good idea. My needs a Bob the Builder burk. " GRRRR
Satan and puberty will not be a fun.

While we were on our burk search. Fang was sitting at the kidlet size table, holding a book upside down while jabbering away. He is my baby genius, able to read already. heh He would do this for about a minute. Then he would get down out of the chair. Walk over to me. Give me a big slobbery baby kiss, say "uh you" (that's baby talk for love you) Then he would go sit back down. He did this for a good 10 minutes. He is such a mama's boy. Getting him married off is going to take a lot of effort.

When Satan finally became bored with the library. She made a very loud announcement, "Mommy, I need a hamburber." Meaning, I'm starving, take me to McDonald's now, it's the least you can do since you didn't feed us breakfast.

After a quick trip to McDonalds, and a pit stop at home to pick up our stale bread. We went to the park. Satan was so very happy. Thrilled. Until she started getting pissed at the big ugly duck that was being a pig. She starting saying things like "Don't do that, that's not nice. Share like a big girl. You a pain in my ask." LOL

Not only do I say bad words, the kidlets are picking up on it. For some reason DH thinks this is bad.

No comments: