Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Evil dancing and laughter.

Because I am a genius. Well, not really, but I did have a touch of brilliance today.

Satan has been feeling a bit under the weather, and is under the influence of Benedryl. Benedryl makes her very sleepy. Very sleepy makes her very cranky. Normally when she is very cranky, I in all my wisdom will tell her that its nap time. This is always followed up by blood curdling screams, and Satan talking a mile a minute. Trying her fastest to prove to me once again that she is not a baby. She is a big girl princess. She will also point out that the sun isn't sleeping, so neither is she. It's been this way for quite some time now. Apparently all I needed to do was to try a new approach. Duh!

So today, as I was about to open my mouth and speak the dreaded evil words. A light bulb went off.

In my sweetest mommy voice I suggested, "My big girl princess who is far too big for naps, why don't you go to your room, and read your princess book. That way Fang won't bother you."

"I'm a big girl princess. I not taking a nap."

Was there a crack in my last minute master plan? Luckily, no. She went to her room. Quietly. No crying. No blood curdling screams. She put her Pooh Bear pillow on the floor, and laid on her stomach to read her Cinderella book. I was informed, "Mommy this is how big girls read burks".

Fang followed me back to the kitchen to throw cantaloupe on the floor help clean up the lunch mess. After we cleaned up the lunch mess and the mushy cantaloupe, I crept down the hall to check on Satan. She was snoring.

Woo Hoo my plan had worked. I broke into my 'evil genius' dance. Which looks very similar to my 'happy' dance. Which often times looks identical to my 'white girl sit down because you can't dance' dance.

No comments: