Saturday, June 05, 2004

Leave

I am so happy yet so grouchy today. I stayed up late because I couldn't sleep. I only got about an hour of sleep in when DH called. We talked until his phone card ran out. After he was able to use the computers and we chatted on line for a while. He was lucky and got to use a computer with a web cam. I was able to check him out. He was looking good with his fresh hair cut.

For a while it was rumored that leave was not going to be granted due to all the unrest in the area. Now that things are looking better. His unit has started authorizing leave. He has put in his leave request for the end of October. He gets 15 days of leave. YAY! It will take him 4-5 days to get from there to here. The best part is that his leave won't start until he arrives here in TX. I'm already looking forward.

We made a pact that we will not breath a word of this to his family. I have to keep it a secret from Tater because he will let it slip. You will see my mug shot on the nightly news if Marie shows up at my house when DH is on leave.

And the reason I can catch him on line several times a week, yet he hardly ever calls. Is because the phone center doesn't have a/c. I would be upset that he doesn't call, but I don't want DH to melt.

No comments: