Friday, December 10, 2004

I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

That was me yelling at the damn fire ants again.

I can not get rid of them. I've bought two different types of spray, both are supposed to leave your house fire ant free for up to 9 months. Oh how they lie. Stupid advertisements.

I hate using pesticide in the house unless absolutely necessary. Sadly, I've gone through almost 2 gallons of poison. I hate that. I feel like I'm harming myself and my children by using this shit in the house. But how the hell else am I going to get rid of these evil pest?

I thought I had finally said good riddance to them. I thought wrong! Tonight when I was reading Satan her good night story. She looked up and said, "what's that in my light?"

It was fucking fire ants. They were crawling around in the ceiling light. I said bad words. Lots and lots of bad words. Then I put Satan and Fang into my bed, so I could spray their room. Again! This time making sure to spray around the ceiling light fixture, and the air vent just for good measure. Now their bed room door is shut. Several windows are open to try to air out the house. I'm freezing because it's cold outside, and I'm a wimp. And my throat feels weird. I'm super careful to not inhale the shit, and I wash like crazy after spraying it. But I can smell it. That's what makes me crazy, makes me think that my throat is going to close up.

I hate using pesticide! But I hate fire ants more, I think.

No comments: