Monday, December 20, 2004

All I want for Christmas..............

is a year long contract with Terminex.

Seriously. That is what I want. Otherwise, I figure one of two things are going to happen. I will die from inhaling ant spray, or the damn fire ants are going to eat us alive.

The most recent attack happened in Taters room. As sad as I am for Tater, I am a bit angry with him too. He knows that no food or drinks are allowed in his room. But that didn't stop him from taking a glass of sweet tea into his room. Where he proceeded to spill it on the bed. Lucky for him that sheets and blanket soaked up the sweet tea. Which he thought would leave no trace that he had broken a house rule.

Unfortunately for Tater, the sheets and blankets soaked up the sweet tea. Then Tater being the oblivious almost teen that he is didn't notice that his sheets were covered with fire ants when he hopped into bed. Then he quickly came running into the kitchen screaming about being under attack.

His sheets and blankets are in the wash, and he is sleeping on the sofa.

I've started reading up on ants. I've learned that spraying doesn't work. That it generally just makes things worse. I think I've learnt that the hard way. Since I'm still not wanting to fork over hundreds of dollars for an exterminator, I've ordered this. I shall feed them tainted treats and sing my voodoo chats and hope that they die. Every last one of them.

Although my research makes it clear that spraying isn't effective(baiting is the preferred method), Ken is coming over tomorrow to crawl around the attic. He will spray every nook and cranny in exchange for cookies.

Isn't it amazing what a few cookies will get you? Makes me wish I could pay for everything with cookies.

No comments: