Friday, December 24, 2004

Granny rocks.

My sweet neighbor Granny was too kind to us today. Her children are grown and all live out of state. This year they were unable to get together for Christmas, so she has been a bit depressed. To try to make up for being alone this year, Granny bought the little heathens presents. Bright and early this morning she knocked on the door carrying gifts, which I let the heathens open.

Fang was given a Pooh Train. That him and Satan have played with most of the day. Satan has a Lissi Doll. That she adores. And Tater has a remote controlled car. I am overwhelmed with Granny's kindness. I wish that I would have gotten something for her. Maybe I will pick up a nice after Christmas thank you gift.

DH called. We talked just long enough to say Merry Christmas to each other, before the connection was lost. Oh well, at least I know he is OK. And he made the effort to call. Poor DH probably wasted a couple of hours standing in line just to call. :( At least he didn't have to lose his appetite with the sight of Rumsfeld.

I decided to go ahead and make the turkey tomorrow. I've also decided to try something new. This year I'm brining it. I'm using this brine. But I didn't have all the exact ingredients so I made some changes. For instance, I used apple juice instead of cider. I used table salt instead of kosher salt. I used powdered ginger instead of whole ginger. So I'm not really using that brine, I'm making it up as I go along. heh

Now I have an hour to get the heathens in the bath, into their new pj's and in the bed. Then I will undoubtedly have to read 5 or more stories before the littlest heathens go to sleep. Then I will be up half the night putting the Power Wheels that MIL sent together.

Tomorrow I will be tired and grouchy. Ah the joy of Christmas.

No comments: