Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I'm gonna change my name to Spong Bob.

Fang can talk, as well as any 14 month old baby can. His vocabulary is limited due to his age, but he does pretty well. He says dada, thank you, love you, bite, bath, bye bye, yes, uh-uh, hey, yuck and Sponge Bob Square Pants. Have you noticed yet, that the sweetest word that a child will ever say is missing from his vocabulary? Mama! That's right, mama is missing. He will not say mama.

I wake up today and think today is the day. I will get him to say mama, or I will die trying. This was one mission that I was not going to fail. So all morning, I look at Fang with the biggest, goofiest grin that you can imagine, and I repeatedly say "mama, mama". While Fang stares at me, and occasionally laughs. Satan thinks that I am hysterical. She laughs at me and keeps saying, "Mommy you a silly girl". It didn't work. The word Mama was not jabbered. I wasn't about to lose hope yet. I decided to wait until the afternoon, I would berate him with my nonsense then.

After noon comes, and Satan decides that we need to watch the Sponge Bob Square Pants DVD. I put the DVD in and sit down on the sofa. I was trying to go to my happy place, since I have watched this particular Sponge Bob DVD at least 50 times. There is nothing quite like watching hours and hours of Sponge Bob.

The Sponge Bob song starts. Which causes Fang to start doing his bouncy dance. Then much to my surprise he happily shouts "ponge ba uare pan". Did he just say what I thought he said? Why yes he did. Not only is he doing his bouncy dance, he is singing along with the Sponge Bob Square Pants song. That's right my baby genius can sing along with the Sponge Bob Square Pants theme song, but he can/will not say mama. My heart is broken, and that is why I am changing my name to Sponge Bob.

No comments: