Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm a freak magnet

I took the kidlets to McDonald's for dinner. Because I was too tired and lazy to cook. What made this such a great McD's trip was that we ate in the play area. Where I also let the kidlets run and play. Some times I do stoop to this level, just so the kidlets will think of me as the cool mom.

I was ignorantly thinking that the play area was surprisingly freak free. Then it happened. This very loud and unpleasant woman and her very loud and unpleasant child sit down at the booth next to us. This woman starts talking to the back of my head. At first I wasn't sure that she was talking to me, since I did have my back to her. Then there is the fact that I wasn't talking to her. There was no conversation between the two of us. I have to give it to her, she didn't let that stop her.

She continued to talk to the back of my head. Telling my head that her son Branson was named after the city in Missouri. It was a very rainy night, the first time she was there. She didn't let a little rain get in her way. She stopped and got out of the car so she could take a picture of her Branson next to the Welcome to Branson Missouri sign. No, she did not stop there. In fact she told the back of my head that that she is divorced, and then remarried in Las Vegas. That her mother has custody of her first child. That she just bought new tires.

Me and the back of my head were trying to ignore her. The she started screaming at her brat Branson, MO. This is where I made that fatal error. I swung my head around in shock, and I made eye contact. She of course took this to mean that we made a connection, and that I am now going to be her bestest friend in all of McD's play area.

So she continues to tell me all her secrets. While I silently contemplate what would be the quickest and easiest way to die. Finally, my night in shining armor enters the play area. He is a pudgy, dirty, sweat pant wearing, mullet sporting freak of a man. But I love him. Because annoying woman was drawn to him like a moth to flame. She fluttered over to mullet man, and left me the hell alone. If I had a brand spanking new digital camera, I would have taken a picture of the mullet so I could post it here. Then I could submit the picture to mullet lovers

No comments: