Monday, May 10, 2004

Happy Mothers Day

I know, I know, my blog entry is several days late.

Anyway, my mothers day was OK. DH called at the butt crack of dawn to wake me up and wish me a happy mothers day. He is so sweet. ;) Until he pisses me off. Which he did. He suggested that I call Marie to tell her happy mothers day. Um, hell no! She is not my mother, and I hate her. So why in the hell would I call her? Why would he suggest such a thing? The heat must really be messing with his head.

Tater told me happy mothers day several times through out the day. He makes me so happy, but at the same time so very sad. He was a bit depressed, and very pouty. All morning he would say "I wish my dad was here. He would take me shopping, so I could buy you a mothers day gift".

I hate to see him so upset. So I suggested that he call grandma. That usually cheers him up. What was I thinking? My PITA mother was not answering the phone. Tater called at least 5 times, and never got an answer. He left a sad message each time. Finally, I had to take the phone away from him. He was making him self upset. He kept going on and on saying "grandma, has caller ID, and she won't answers the phone because it's me." He is such a sensitive soul. If it wasn't for the fact that he is dh's mini-me, I would swear that there was a mix-up at the hospital.

Barbie is the best. She invited us over for dinner. She did all the cooking, and she did not ask me to bring a thing. Woo Hoo! I love it when I don't have to cook. When someone calls me with a dinner invitation, I am there. I loaded up the kidlets, and we went out for dinner. ;)

Barbie has a new kitten, Thor. The kidlets are madly in love with Thor. In fact, Satan was has been begging me all week to take her to Barbie's house, so Thor can chase her.

Satan was afraid of Thor at first, but once she was over her fear, she wouldn't leave the poor cat alone. She kept throwing the cat toys into the litter box. She wanted to see the kitty pee. Not sure why she thought that would be fun to watch, but she was determined to see it happen. Fang desperately wanted to pet the kitty, but he was too excited. His chubby little hand would get this close, then he would squeal with excitement. He was also doing this weird bouncy thing. Of course this would cause the kitty to run in the opposite direction. Then fang would squeal even louder. It's times like these when I wish I would have taken the video camera with me.

I told DH all about the kitty love fest. Now he wants me to get the kidlets a dog. What kind of dog, you ask? I don't know, because his suggestion goes a little something like this. "Not a big dog, or a small yippie dog." Well, that narrows it down for me, now doesn't it. Tater suggested a border collie. I am not positive that he knows what a border collie is. I think he hears the word collie and automatically thinks Lassie.

I now need to research dog breeds. I have to find a medium sized dog that is good around children. This shouldn't be too hard to find, should it?

No comments: