Tuesday, January 18, 2005

weekend of movies

I was lazy this weekend and watched movies. Lots of movies. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was the first. I loved it. I'm not too fond of Jim Carrey in his funny Ace Ventura type stuff, but as a more serious actor, I think he does a fine job.

The Netflix wait for Napoleon Dynamite is long, and I am impatient. Since I have been looking forward to Napoleon Dynamite since it was in the theater, I actually made a trip to Blockbuster to rent it. Sadly, I was disappointed. It wasn't nearly as good, as I had hoped. There were funny parts, and Tater hasn't stopped saying "just make yourself a dang quesa-dilluh!" since Saturday. But I should have just waited for Netflix. My money at Blockbuster could have been better spent

I am a movie junkie. Not only did I leave Blockbuster with Napoleon Dynamite, I also rented
The Alamo. I'm such a dork, but I love history movies and Billy Bob Thornton. Yes, I know he is a freak, but I love him. heh

I also let the little heathens pick out movies. They chose Spider-man 2, Barbie The Princess and Pauper and The Land Before Time the Big Freeze.

Damn, that's a lot of movies for one weekend. But we had lots of fresh pop corn, so it's all good.

No comments: